Unable to install addons

I’ve just installed Local 5.10.4+5377 on Windows 10 Professional and am unable to install any of the addons (installing icon just spins).

Checking the local-lightning log file and the following entries indicate an “Unhandled rejection”:

{"thread":"main","class":"AddonInstallerService","level":"info","message":"Installing Add-on 'Xdebug + VS Code' release '[object Object]'","timestamp":"2021-05-18T15:58:44.773Z"}
{"thread":"main","reason":{"errno":-4037,"syscall":"rename","code":"EXDEV","path":"C:\\Users\\russ\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\local-dMVVK798N\\package","dest":"%%userDataPath%%\\addons\\local-addon-xdebug-vscode"},"p":{},"level":"warn","message":"Unhandled Rejection.","timestamp":"2021-05-18T15:59:07.069Z"}

Anyone have an idea?

Cheers,
–Russ

local-lightning.log (88.1 KB)

hey @russchap, Welcome to the Local Community Forums!

What kind of setup does the computer’s harddrive have? Do you have the home folder on a different partition than the C:\ drive?

Hey Ben, thanks for the response. Yes I do. The “C” drive is an SSD and low on space so I try to install apps and data on my bigger “D” drive where possible.

The app was installed to the D:\Program Files (x86)\Local directory.

The physical location of %APPDATA% is D:\russ\AppData\Roaming

The physical location of %LOCALAPPDATA% is C:\Users\russ\AppData\Local

The physical location of %USERPROFILE% is C:\Users\russ

To see if the installation directory was the issue I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Local but alas the same “Unhandled rejection” problem persisted when I tried to install any addon.

Any thoughts on what the problem could be?

Cheers
–Russ

The various “magic variables” in Windows is something that I’m not as familiar with.

I think that the issue is that the there are two different partitions that this is spread across. If you search the forums for EXDEV, you’ll see that other OS’s have this issue, but I do see it more often with Windows:

https://localwp.com/community/search?q=EXDEV

I know that it’s not likely, but if can get everything on one partition, I think this should work. The Local team does have a ticket to take a closer look, but due to how complex this issue is, I don’t have an ETA for when it will be worked on.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.