Unable to load a data site from U3A Siteworks on my pc

What issue or error are you experiencing?

Go through all the rigmarole of loading Local as a test site for the U3A migration. Works ok on my laptop but get error messages preventing me from loading the site.

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

System Details

• Local Version:

• Operating System (OS) and OS version:

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hi @Jayarrgh

If you’re on Windows you’ll want to make sure Local can edit the hosts file and isn’t being blocked by an security programs.

This is a good place to start:

Thanks for the feedback Nick, unfortunately that was not the problem and the only av I use is Windows defender.
Thanks anyway

Hello @Jayarrgh -

Sorry to hear you’re still running into trouble.

If you change your Router Mode to Localhost are you able to proceed? Preferences>Advanced>Router Mode>Localhost

Let me know!

Sam

Hi Sam,
This seems to be the default and there is only this one option.
Cheers
John

I’m having a similar problem with SiteWorks. I cannot get the zip to install at all. I have checked that it is not read only and have tried installing with my ESET security software disabled. Very frustrating.

I think Local Siteworks leaves a lot to be desired. My freshly formatted reinstalled W10 laptop hard drive is now running the software. I am lucky I have three laptops and a pc. I use my pc with three profiles and run video and photographic software with no problems, but not Siteworks.
Luckily in the future (December?) the Siteworks live software will be run from a server just like sitebuilder (I must admit I liked sitebuilder for our u3a, everyone is happy with it and it is easy to use. Why fix it if it 'ain’t broken?). I am feared that when my u3a site is migrated for testing it may be a pigs ear as the beta demo won’t run when reinstalled after exporting, changing its name or any other combination of Local options (all the time doubling the size of the data file). So, it doesn’t like running after another has previously run. I have approached my committee about buying a dedicated laptop for Siteworks and that may be forthcoming. I also run Google drive for all our committee data that works very well with 15Gb free space and 100Gb for a couple of quid a month.

Have fun.
Cheers
John