Unable to pull site

What issue or error are you experiencing?

Been using Local (generally fine) for years and fairly happy with it.

As of today, I am unable to pull any data from WP Engine.

When I click pull, it will show this for an infinite time:

I was signed in and tried signing out and in and retrying multiple times (and sign in was successful each time).

I also noticed the bottom bar was showing that I last pulled 1 day ago, which is absolutely false (as you will see below)

I went to the Connect tab on the left of Local and it gave me an error about connecting to WP Engine, and when I went back then it now shows 2 weeks since last pull:

And clicking that gets me stuck on this grayed out screen:

I’ve pulled thousands of times successfully over several years and had minimal problems with Local. I changed nothing about my config and did not update Local (and I cannot update it or it will break everything as mentioned in a previous ticket of mine).

I’ve wasted several hours on this and two of my coworkers have done the same.

We would be grateful for an explanation and a fix, as well as steps to prevent this in the future.

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

Clicked the pull from cloud button in local, and then it either loads infinitely or is greyed out after clicking. See screenshots above.

System Details

• Local Version: Version 8.2.1+6583

• Operating System (OS) and OS version: Windows 10

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)

I’m surprised that you don’t allow txt files to be attached (“Sorry, the file you are trying to upload is not authorized (authorized extensions: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, csv, log, zip, webm, json, targz).”)

Here seems to be the relevant part of the log:

{“class”:“Process”,“level”:“warn”,“message”:“‘""’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,”,“process”:“phpCgi”,“thread”:“main”,“timestamp”:“2024-08-05T06:48:50.112Z”}
{“class”:“Process”,“level”:“warn”,“message”:“operable program or batch file.”,“process”:“phpCgi”,“thread”:“main”,“timestamp”:“2024-08-05T06:48:50.113Z”}
{“class”:“Process”,“level”:“warn”,“message”:“‘""’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,”,“process”:“phpCgi”,“thread”:“main”,“timestamp”:“2024-08-05T16:10:42.840Z”}
{“class”:“Process”,“level”:“warn”,“message”:“operable program or batch file.”,“process”:“phpCgi”,“thread”:“main”,“timestamp”:“2024-08-05T16:10:42.840Z”}
{“class”:“Process”,“level”:“warn”,“message”:“‘""’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,”,“process”:“phpCgi”,“thread”:“main”,“timestamp”:“2024-08-05T16:44:58.193Z”}
{“class”:“Process”,“level”:“warn”,“message”:“operable program or batch file.”,“process”:“phpCgi”,“thread”:“main”,“timestamp”:“2024-08-05T16:44:58.194Z”}
{“class”:“Process”,“level”:“warn”,“message”:“‘""’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,”,“process”:“phpCgi”,“thread”:“main”,“timestamp”:“2024-08-06T16:33:44.243Z”}
{“class”:“Process”,“level”:“warn”,“message”:“operable program or batch file.”,“process”:“phpCgi”,“thread”:“main”,“timestamp”:“2024-08-06T16:33:44.243Z”}
{“class”:“Process”,“level”:“warn”,“message”:“‘""’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,”,“process”:“phpCgi”,“thread”:“main”,“timestamp”:“2024-08-13T16:16:13.022Z”}
{“class”:“Process”,“level”:“warn”,“message”:“operable program or batch file.”,“process”:“phpCgi”,“thread”:“main”,“timestamp”:“2024-08-13T16:16:13.024Z”}
{“eventId”:“546ef1a554fa4457a8070ad893a2b0d8”,“level”:“warn”,“message”:“Unhandled Rejection.”,“p”:{},“reason”:{},“thread”:“main”,“timestamp”:“2024-08-13T17:08:56.017Z”}
{“level”:“warn”,“linuxEdition”:null,“localVersion”:“8.2.1+6583”,“message”:“Electron Event ready”,“osArch”:“x64”,“osPlatform”:“win32”,“osRelease”:“10.0.19045”,“timestamp”:“2024-08-13T17:09:02.740Z”,“windowsEdition”:“Microsoft Windows 10 Pro”}
{“level”:“warn”,“linuxEdition”:null,“localVersion”:“8.2.1+6583”,“message”:“Electron Event ready”,“osArch”:“x64”,“osPlatform”:“win32”,“osRelease”:“10.0.19045”,“timestamp”:“2024-08-13T17:13:21.371Z”,“windowsEdition”:“Microsoft Windows 10 Pro”}

Thank you in advance. Local support has been very helpful in the past.

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

1 Like

Tried over 10 times in a period of several hours with no luck, including stopping and starting site and trying to reconnect to WP Engine.

Solved by killing Local and then opening back up, and it said I was not connected to WP Engine so I connected it and then pulled.

So I resolved this for now, but I’d like to know what caused this and if it will happen again in the future. Thanks again.

1 Like

Hey @justingolden

WP Engine recently had an SSH Gateway outage that impacted certain installs. The fact that all three of you were using Local fine, and then it suddenly stopped, leads me to believe that you may have been running into that (which should now be resolved). They’ve also had some platform maintenance going on, so depending on the testing times, it could have been related.

You can always check their status page for outages or maintenance, and if you run into issues like this where you aren’t sure if your install is impacted you can chat with WPE support 24/7 to have them look for you.

Gotcha. That may be it. Appreciate the help and investigation. Resolved.

1 Like