Unable to start local on windows 11

What issue or error are you experiencing?

whenever i open local through desktop shortcut or installation folder, there’s nothing appear. when i check tas manager, the app just started, then suddenly disaapear/stopped

Already try these methods and nothing happen

Restart Device
Run as admin
Change host to read-only
Chane app compability to all option available
Reinstall (using Revo Uninstaller so all file and registry of this app deleted)
Install user only
Install all users

System Details

• Local Version:

• Operating System (OS) and OS version:
    Windows 11 Version 22H2 (OS Build 22621.2361)

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)

There’s no log since the app not started at all. but when i open the app using terminal, i get this error

C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Programs\Local>local.exe

C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Programs\Local>
C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Programs\Local\resources\app.asar\node_modules\winston\lib\winston\logger.js:307
throw ex;
^

TypeError: Converting circular structure to JSON
→ starting at object with constructor ‘Error’
— property ‘error’ closes the circle
at JSON.stringify ()
at Printf.template (C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Programs\Local\resources\app.asar\main_helpers\localLogger.js:1:2892)
at Printf.transform (C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Programs\Local\resources\app.asar\node_modules\logform\printf.js:11:26)
at Format.transform (C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Programs\Local\resources\app.asar\node_modules\logform\combine.js:20:24)
at Console._write (C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Programs\Local\resources\app.asar\node_modules\winston-transport\index.js:90:33)
at doWrite (C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Programs\Local\resources\app.asar\node_modules\readable-stream\lib_stream_writable.js:428:64)
at writeOrBuffer (C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Programs\Local\resources\app.asar\node_modules\readable-stream\lib_stream_writable.js:417:5)
at Writable.write (C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Programs\Local\resources\app.asar\node_modules\readable-stream\lib_stream_writable.js:334:11)
at DerivedLogger.ondata (C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Programs\Local\resources\app.asar\node_modules\winston\node_modules\readable-stream\lib_stream_readable.js:681:20)
at DerivedLogger.emit (node:events:539:35)

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

update,
at %AppData%\Roaming\Local\ there’s only machine-info.json file

Do you have any antivirus, security, or firewall applications that could be blocking Local?

More details about troubleshooting this here: Router Mode

Are you running other developer applications simultaneously? Apps like MAMP, XAMPP, or Docker for example.

Thanks for the response.
Currently i dont have any ativirus and other developer app like XAMPP, or Docker.
I already kill all process that use port 80, and nothing happened

Have you been able to use Local on this machine in the past or was this your first time trying it? You could try these steps to do another full uninstall/reinstall and see if that works:

yes, previously i’ve using local version 6.x, but after upgrade, I can’t use local anymore even i reinstall that version.

and moment ago, i tried to fully uninstall local and install ver 8.x (latest version from my dashboard), but still get this error

G:\Localwp>local.exe

G:\Localwp>
G:\Localwp\resources\app.asar\node_modules\winston\lib\winston\logger.js:307
throw ex;
^

TypeError: Converting circular structure to JSON
→ starting at object with constructor ‘Error’
— property ‘error’ closes the circle
at JSON.stringify ()
at Printf.template (G:\Localwp\resources\app.asar\main_helpers\localLogger.js:1:2892)
at Printf.transform (G:\Localwp\resources\app.asar\node_modules\logform\printf.js:11:26)
at Format.transform (G:\Localwp\resources\app.asar\node_modules\logform\combine.js:20:24)
at Console._write (G:\Localwp\resources\app.asar\node_modules\winston-transport\index.js:90:33)
at doWrite (G:\Localwp\resources\app.asar\node_modules\readable-stream\lib_stream_writable.js:428:64)
at writeOrBuffer (G:\Localwp\resources\app.asar\node_modules\readable-stream\lib_stream_writable.js:417:5)
at Writable.write (G:\Localwp\resources\app.asar\node_modules\readable-stream\lib_stream_writable.js:334:11)
at DerivedLogger.ondata (G:\Localwp\resources\app.asar\node_modules\winston\node_modules\readable-stream\lib_stream_readable.js:681:20)
at DerivedLogger.emit (node:events:525:35)

Node.js v18.15.0

We aren’t seeing widespread issues with other Windows 11 users and aren’t able to replicate the same problem, so we’re a bit at a loss on the root cause here. Do you have another machine you could use to download Local to test? It seems like something specific with this machine that has yet to be uncovered.

I am using Windows 11 and having the same issue, I can not launch Local Wordpress after install it (both for All users and for Me only)

What troubleshooting have you tried so far?

Have you checked for security, antivirus or firewall blockers?

Are you running any other developer applications?

Is this a work computer?

I have the same issue, even though my antivirus is turned off. I also reinstalled Local many times and reload my laptop. Didn’t help

Are you on Windows 11 as well?

Are you running other developer applications simultaneously? That could also cause similar issues. Apps like MAMP, XAMPP, or Docker for example.

Are you using a work computer or office network?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.