Unable to update Local 5.3.1+3095

Hi there, running Mac Mojave 10.14.6 and Local 5.3.1+3095.

When I open Local it wants to update, downloads the files, processes, says it’s done and quits to install then doesn’t reopen. When I then open again it runs through that process again. I can create new sites on this old version but can’t change the PHP version.

Running Mac Mojave 10.14.6 and Local 5.7.2+4801

I have since also tried just installing the latest version from a download on the site. This works and it runs but I can’t create new sites. I get an error.

Error: Error: Command failed: /private/var/folders/rr/4fc3zxb56x55g1pm1kc2735c0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/F703C68F-052F-4767-9849-BC13CFA8E675/d/Local.app/Contents/Resources/extraResources/lightning-services/mysql-8.0.16+5/bin/darwin/bin/mysqladmin --password= ping
mysqladmin: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
amysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/Users/user/Library/Application Support/Local/run/t0yVeIcby/mysql/mysqld.sock' (2)'
Check that mysqld is running and that the socket: '/Users/user/Library/Application Support/Local/run/t0yVeIcby/mysql/mysqld.sock' exists!

at ChildProcess.exithandler (child_process.js:308:12)
    at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:203:13)
    at ChildProcess.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js:476:20)
    at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:1021:16)
    at Socket.<anonymous> (internal/child_process.js:430:11)
    at Socket.emit (events.js:203:13)
    at Socket.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js:476:20)
    at Pipe.<anonymous> (net.js:588:12)

Note this is not really about site-creation it’s primarily a failure of the software to update to the latest version.

The second issue I noted which results in being unable to create new sites is the result of trying to troubleshoot the first problem.

Hey @alicia!

From the error message, it almost seems like this has something to do with MySQL not being able to connect to an existing socket.

Are you able to delete the existing sites and then try creating a new site after all of them have been deleted?

You might want to take a backup of those sites by copying them to a temporary location.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.