Upgrade to v6.7 on Windows 10 - broke sites and databases

Issue Summary

Upgrading to version 6.7 has resulted in sites displaying 502 error and databases saying “connection refused”

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, all sites?

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser?

yes

Replication

Describe the steps that others can take to replicate this issue. If you have screenshots that can help clarify what is happening, please include them!

try to open a site as normal - 502 error
try to open a database as normal - port displayed is 10041. when browser loads its using port 10001 (http://localhost:10001/?username=root&db=local) and shows the message "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. "

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used?

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?

• Windows 10 Pro
  • Attach the Local Log. See this Help Doc for instructions on how to do so:

ok I have downloaded the logs but there is no option to add an attachment to this post

Security Reminder

Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hi @gjohncock

Are you able to downgrade and see if that makes a difference?

Hi Nick-B,

Thanks for responding.

No luck, still getting the same responses. I rolled back to 6.6 then to 6.5.2

There’s only one database I want to get out as it only exists in localwp, all the others I can recreate and get files and data from the live sites.

Is there any way to recover this outside localwp?

Cheers

Greg J

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.