Warning: mysqli_real_connect(): (HY000/2002): Connection refused in /wp-includes/class-wpdb.php on line 1987 Connection refused

Error: Command failed: /Users/braddalton/Library/Application Support/Local/lightning-services/mysql-8.0.16+6/bin/darwin/bin/mysqladmin ping

mysqladmin: connect to server at ‘localhost’ failed

error: ‘Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/Users/braddalton/Library/Application Support/Local/run/u8I7i5hNI/mysql/mysqld.sock’ (61)’

Check that mysqld is running and that the socket: ‘/Users/braddalton/Library/Application Support/Local/run/u8I7i5hNI/mysql/mysqld.sock’ exists!

at ChildProcess.exithandler (node:child_process:407:12)

at ChildProcess.emit (node:events:527:28)

at maybeClose (node:internal/child_process:1092:16)

at Socket. (node:internal/child_process:451:11)

at Socket.emit (node:events:527:28)

at Pipe. (node:net:709:12)

Hi @braddalton

We would be happy to assist with your Local troubleshooting! Could you provide some more details to help us take a further look?

• What is your OS?

• What version of Local are you on?

• Please attach a copy of your Local Logs

Keep us posted and we’d be happy to help further!

MacOS Monterey
local-logs.zip (2.1 MB)

Can you provide some more details about what is going on when you get this error? Is this a site you were previously working on that suddenly threw the error? Or are you trying to import a new site?

If you create a new, blank site in Local do you get any errors when trying to access that?

Your Local version is also a bit outdated so as a first step you could try updating to the latest release, quitting and restarting everything and then try again: