Win 10/11 Forced Toolbar on Local Activity

Bug Summary

When Local is executed or when major build operations or errors are thrown, Local becomes the active application on the Windows desktop and the auto-hide Windows toolbar pops up obscuring vital info in other applications on other displays

Steps to reproduce

Have Windows running with multiple displays, all in the hide state of the auto-hide OS toolbar. Start Local. Let Local run and do work in a browser or your IDE or editor. Watch toolbar go to unhidden state. Seldom instances have the OS go nuts and it takes the autohide pref off of Widows saying “You can’t move toolbars” or something.

Maybe worthy of note, I have the Logitech Logi Options+ installed and 3 displays. No other application does this.

Environment Info

Describe your environment.

• Win 11
  • N/A
  • Local 9.0.1+6673

Supporting info

Hi @robhealy

Is this the same thing as mentioned here?

I don’t have a Windows machine handy to test this so just checking for clarity.

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the note.

It’s not. The toolbar in general comes up at inopportune times and I realise it might be intended, but dismissing it in a normal fashion doesn’t really work.

The active programs on the windows hidden toolbar allow for status updates and when a pull or push finishes, the icon that’s subscribing to Local status updates does a “hard alert” and is not dismissible until you have focus on the Local app.

I can see that this is an intended feature and it’s not a showstopper, but if the alert could be a little less “demanding” in the future that would be great.

Thanks
Rob

Okay got it! Thank you for the clarification and detail here. I’ll pass this along to our Dev team and we’ll keep this bug up for others to vote, comment and follow as well. :green_heart: