WP Migrate to Local Error

I have exported a website using WP Migrate (Export). Created in this way *.zip file pointed (dropped) in Locale create a new page. The file has been recognized and its processing begins, the files have been unpacked, the environment has been created, the services have been started and finally the new page is not launched, only the page is deleted and the information that the correct zip file should be used? What could that mean?

@KHry2

So you were able to export the site and import it into Local but now the site isn’t opening? I’m not sure I understand where the hang-up is so feel free to share any other details about errors, screenshots or even a short video.

WP Migrate also has a helpful article here with steps for Local import in case you need to try again:

Just Local at the end of the export from WP Migrate (from the zip file created in the Export - all components tab) instead of starting the new page deletes it and tells me to use the correct type of zip?

I did everything as written in this article.

Ah okay so are you getting an error that says Incompatible Zip File?

Sometimes Local can get confused with the import if there are too many extra things in there like site backups, database backups, etc. If you unzip the file first and extract only the wp-content and sql files you can try zipping those back up and importing them. If you still get an error you may need to try a manual import method.

The steps would look like this:

• Unzip the file in a common location, like the desktop
  • Create a new, blank site in Local. Use whatever username/password you like since you’ll overwrite the DB with this site archive’s dump.
  • Copy the wp-content folder from the unzipped location to this newly created site’s location
  • Copy the correct SQL dump to the site root.
  • Within Local, open the site shell
  • Import the dump with wp db import <dumpfile>
  • If that works, now Search and replace the domains. wp search-replace ' https://production.com ' 'http:mylocalsite.local'

354 / 5 000

Wyniki tłumaczenia

Tłumaczenie

star_border

I deleted everything from the zip file except wp-content and database and it helped. Local created the page without any problems this time. One question at the end. Can I copy the directories and files that I deleted after creating the site to the locat site directory to have an exact copy of the site from the Internet? Thank you very much and have a nice day.

Yep! You can use whatever you are most comfortable with but if you have the files on your machine you can certainly import them into your site. You could utilize SFTP or SSH (Open Site Shell in the Local app).

You have helped me a lot, you are a great expert. Thanks again

1 Like

Of course! Glad we got you sorted. Happy Developing :green_heart:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.