404 Not Found | No Results Found

Issue Summary

Several wordpresss pages I built suddenly stopped loading. When go to open the pages from inside the local wordpress instance i get a the following error message “404 Not Found | No Results Found” .

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular? I only have one website on local. But this issue is happening on all but one page from this particular local website. Not being able to open these pages will mean losing dozens off hours of work.

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser? Yes I am

Replication

Describe the steps that others can take to replicate this issue. If you have screenshots that can help clarify what is happening, please include them!

Wordpresss > pages > Edit

Troubleshooting performed: cleared browser cache, rebooted computer, rebooted local, used a different browser

System Details

Security Reminder

Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

This seems like more of a site-level issue instead of something that Local is doing wrong. I’m curious though – looking at the url in the screenshot, it seems to be referencing an actual HTML page:

short-service-page.html

That doesn’t seem correct for a dynamic WordPress site. One other thing that comes to my mind: have you done any recent Connect events? For example, pulling a remote site down and including the database will mean that the Local site’s database is rewritten. If the remote site doesn’t have those pages, then those would be lost during the Pull.

Hi Ben. thank you for taking a look at my issue and for your response.
You were spot on, it was the .html URL extension. I added a plugin which adds the extension because I wanted to replicate the weebly URLs.
I did not make connection between the plugin and the pages not loading.
Thank you again for your help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.