Today I pulled down a live site to local that needed a theme update (Enfold) - I wanted to test things before I did it on live. Enfold is a theme that needs a themeforest.net username and API number to update - so I put in my credentials, hit update - and bam: Black Screen and then the classic white writing before reboot.
I thought it might be a coincidence, so I tried it again (I know, I know - not very smart.) Same exact thing.
After that - I just dropped the updated theme in there manually - and that worked OK.
So - things seem to be running fine after the fact, but it does worry me - that the error (whatever it was) was so big - that it immediately shut down my computer. That has not happened any other time since I have owned this computer (MacBook Pro 15).
That’s surprising! It definitely sounds like a kernel panic.
Can you please provide the following information:
- Version of Local by Flywheel that you’re currently running
- Whether or not Faster Docker Volumes is enabled under Preferences » Advanced
- Version of VirtualBox
Faster Docker Volumes On
Can you try the following?
- Quit Local if it’s running
- Update VirtualBox. Here’s the latest download link: http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/5.2.6/VirtualBox-5.2.6-120293-OSX.dmg
- Re-open Local
- Go to Preferences » Add-ons and disable Faster Docker Volumes
- Try updating a theme/plugin
If that fixes the issue, try upgrading to Local 2.2.1 (pre-release) and then re-enable Faster Docker Volumes.
Just wanted to check in and see if you were still running into this issue or not.
Thanks for following up. I haven’t run into any issue with it lately - but I also have done any major theme updates. I definitely was able to do some plugin updates. Consider this closed for now - I think everything is fixed.