Backups Stopped working for Google Drive + Dropbox

I am having an issue with the backup plugin in Local.

It had been working for Google Drive until a few weeks ago when it said it couldn’t back up to Google Drive.

I disconnected Google Drive and reinstalled it, but this didn’t fix the issue.

I then connected Dropbox, which has been working, but now this has stopped working too.

I have uninstalled/Reinstalled the backup plugin, but this didn’t solve the problem.

Any ideas?

Hi, @type.twenty.five. Sorry that you ran into issues with your backups.

We just released an update to the backups add-on (2.1.1). You should see an “Update” button next to Cloud Backups at Addons → Installed. Please could you press it, restart Local, and try again?

If that doesn’t solve things for you, please share screenshots and your Local logs so we can look into the failure reason.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. Here’s what I get in my log when trying to backup to Google Drive:

{"class":"BackupAddonBackupService","extraInfo":{},"graphQLErrors":[{"extensions":{"category":"internal"},"locations":[{"column":3,"line":2}],"message":"Internal server error","path":["createBackupRepo"]}],"level":"error","message":"GraphQL error: Internal server error","networkError":null,"stack":"Error: GraphQL error: Internal server error\n    at new ApolloError (%%appPath%%\\node_modules\\apollo-client\\bundle.umd.js:92:26)\n    at Object.next (%%appPath%%\\node_modules\\apollo-client\\bundle.umd.js:1297:31)\n    at notifySubscription (%%appPath%%\\node_modules\\zen-observable\\lib\\Observable.js:135:18)\n    at onNotify (%%appPath%%\\node_modules\\zen-observable\\lib\\Observable.js:179:3)\n    at SubscriptionObserver.next (%%appPath%%\\node_modules\\zen-observable\\lib\\Observable.js:235:7)\n    at %%appPath%%\\node_modules\\apollo-client\\bundle.umd.js:1102:36\n    at Set.forEach (<anonymous>)\n    at Object.next (%%appPath%%\\node_modules\\apollo-client\\bundle.umd.js:1101:21)\n    at notifySubscription (%%appPath%%\\node_modules\\zen-observable\\lib\\Observable.js:135:18)\n    at onNotify (%%appPath%%\\node_modules\\zen-observable\\lib\\Observable.js:179:3)","thread":"main","timestamp":"2024-01-29T19:09:58.188Z"}
{"class":"BackupAddonBackupService","level":"error","message":"{\"message\":\"Error: GraphQL error: Internal server error\",\"type\":\"error.platform.createBackup.creatingBackupRepo:invocation[0]\"}","thread":"main","timestamp":"2024-01-29T19:09:58.190Z"}
{"class":"backup-add-on.main.ts","level":"error","message":"Error - IPCASYNC_EVENTS.IPCASYNC_EVENTS: [object Object]","thread":"main","timestamp":"2024-01-29T19:09:58.191Z"}

Hi @Syrinj

If you test with Dropbox instead of Google does that work?

If you export and import your site manually moving a zip file does that work normally or does it give any errors?

Keep us posted and we’d be happy to help further!