Cannot enable Live Links; https://hub.localwp.com/two-factor is asking for 2FA--which I never set up

Issue Summary

I have been happily developing away using localwp for about 3 months now.
The time has come to provide live links to the client for review/testing.

Local Hub asks for email/password and then does not recognize the email I used to set this up 3 months ago, or randomly asks for 2FA, which I never set up.

Today, I created a new account under a different email.
I can at least log in to create this trouble “ticket”.
But again, there is no way to log on to my local console to enable live links.

What am I missing and can you please assist?

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular? ALL SITES>

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser?
    YES

Replication

Describe the steps that others can take to replicate this issue. If you have screenshots that can help clarify what is happening, please include them!

Reboot Mac OS.
Relaunch Local
From the Local console, attempt to log in from Tools > Live Links.
Get login screen: enter username/password.

RESULT:
Email not recognized (even though I have the acknowledgement email under that email account).
2FA prompt (which was never set up.)

I’m getting these results with both of the accounts I’ve created.

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used?
    6.7.0+6347

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?

• macOS Catalina 10.15.7
  • Attach the Local Log. See this Help Doc for instructions on how to do so:

Security Reminder

Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hi @mantis67 I sent you a DM to check some details and provide further assistance!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.