Cannot Upload DIVI Theme

Hey guys. I’ve just started using Local WP. I’ve created new websites on here based on ZIP files downloaded from my live websites but for some reason it won’t recognise the DIVI theme I’m using nor let me upload a fresh copy.

Anyone had the same problem?

Error messages:

• The theme directory “Divi” does not exist.
  • Error: The themes directory is either empty or does not exist. Please check your installation.

Plus

# Installing theme from uploaded file: Divi.zip

Unpacking the package…

**Warning** : dir(C:/Users/mail/Local Sites/keto-kartel/app/public/wp-content/upgrade/Divi-2/Divi/includes/builder/feature/gutenberg/utils/): The system cannot find the path specifi (code: 3) in **C:\Users\mail\Local Sites\keto-kartel\app\public\wp-admin\includes\class-wp-filesystem-direct.php** on line **636**
**Warning** : dir(C:/Users/mail/Local Sites/keto-kartel/app/public/wp-content/upgrade/Divi-2/Divi/includes/builder/feature/gutenberg/utils/): Failed to open directory: No such file or directory in **C:\Users\mail\Local Sites\keto-kartel\app\public\wp-admin\includes\class-wp-filesystem-direct.php** on line **636**
**Warning** : dir(C:/Users/mail/Local Sites/keto-kartel/app/public/wp-content/upgrade/Divi-2/Divi/includes/builder/frontend-builder/assets/vendors/plugins/charmap/): The system cannot find the path specifi (code: 3) in **C:\Users\mail\Local Sites\keto-kartel\app\public\wp-admin\includes\class-wp-filesystem-direct.php** on line **636**
**Warning** : dir(C:/Users/mail/Local Sites/keto-kartel/app/public/wp-content/upgrade/Divi-2/Divi/includes/builder/frontend-builder/assets/vendors/plugins/charmap/): Failed to open directory: No such file or directory in **C:\Users\mail\Local Sites\keto-kartel\app\public\wp-admin\includes\class-wp-filesystem-direct.php** on line **636**

Installing the theme…

Could not create directory. C:/Users/mail/Local Sites/keto-kartel/app/public/wp-content/themes/Divi/

Theme installation failed.

System Details

Latest Local WP

Windows 11

Anyone seen this yet?

Hey @brazmus

Where did you see those warnings? Was this within the wp-admin somewhere?

Since the warnings seem to indicate that there are missing folders within the Divi.zip file, I wonder if that file is corrupted?

I’d start by trying to remove the Divi and upgrade folders so that the site is returned to a mostly stable state:

app/public/wp-content/themes/Divi/

From there, I’d recommend re-downloading the zip file that you’re using. It’s possible that the original one was corrupted somehow and re-downloading it will get a fresh version.

1 Like

Ok thanks Ben let me give it a go. It all works live on my website and I’ve downloaded it all fresh off the net and added it to LocalWP. Let me try.

2 Likes