Can't complete installation of 6.1.3 upgrade, and can't uninstall either

Hi All,

I have tried to upgrade, automatically to 6.1.3 as prompted when starting the application.
It failed to complete the installation, and now the application won’t launch at all , and I am also unable to uninstall it.

I have tried as admin user also, but same errors display and no functionality.

To get to this stage these are the steps taken;

1. Install previous version only on this user (non admin account)

2. prompted for update, downloaded and began installation (didn’t pay attention if it installed properly ot not, clicked OK and assumed it worked.

3. double clicked on ‘Local’ desktop shortcut, error no.1
    local launch error

4. Tried to reinstall. error no.2

5. Tried to uninstall. error no.3
    local uninstall error

6. Logged in as admin, no ‘Local’ entry to uninstall

7. Installed 6.1.3 from fresh download and applied the install to ‘all used on this PC’

8. repeat step 3.

9. repeat step 5.

10. logged back in as PC user, tried to run Local again. Same error as step 3

11. Uninstall, see two entries for Local 6.1.3, neither will uninstall, same error as step 5.

System Details

Attempting local version 6.1.3
Win 10 Pro version 10.0.19043

Here is the log from my PC user (not admin, if this is needed also, I’ll get that too.)
local-lightning.log (56.7 KB)

I have taken a copy of the local sites folder, so all sites and database files are backed up.
Thanks and regards.

Hey @neilos – Welcome to the Local Community Forums!

I’m seeing a number of lines in the Local log that have EPERM mentioned in them. That usually is caused by some sort of security setting or antivirus.

In the case of this corrupted upgrade, can you try force-quiting those Local processes from the “Task Manager” and then try uninstalling Local?

Here’s a link to a Dell support doc that goes into more detail about that process: https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-us/000137586/windows-10-various-methods-to-uninstall-problematic-programs-and-apps

Hi @ben.turner ,

Thanks for the response.
Success! It took a combination of options as laid out on that link.
For the record, Restarted PC in safemode, disabled all antivirus, then used the local uninstaller and not windows uninstaller. Worked as needed.
Installed the previous version of Local and it is working as it was before.

Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.