ENOENT error is the computer saying “Error NO ENTry”.
In this case, Local is trying to import the site, and for some reason, it thinks it should be able to copy that file (I can’t see the whole name, but here’s part of it:
The word “scan” makes me think of a malware scanner or some sort of log. One option you might take for such a large site is to manually import the site. That process might be more effort (but should work!), and will look something like:
- Create a new, plain WP site in Local
- Extract the site backup somewhere temporary, like your desktop
- Copy whatever site files you need from the desktop folder to the Local site folder
- Copy the sql file from the backup to the site folder
- Import the DB
- Search and replace the urls within the database
For the DB steps, you can right-click on the site in Local and select “Open Site Shell.” From there, run these commands, updating the values as necessary:
wp db import databasedump.sql
wp search-replace '/example.com' '/example.local'