Can't push my site to flywheel

I’m trying to push my finished site to flywheel. It’s about 3GB in size. It starts off fine, gets all the way to the end and then fails. I have no idea what the issue is…
Can anyone help?

It’s hard to know what exactly failed without seeing a Local log. Was there a specific error that Local gave about what didn’t work?

One other thing to consider is that while there isn’t a hard limit to the size that can be uploaded over FW connect, there can be timeouts associated with pushing such a large amount of data.

If you have a lot of data that isn’t being used (for example, backups from plugins, or old caches, demo data for a premium theme) you might try removing those and re-pushing.

If all else fails, reach out to Flywheel support and they can take a look to see if something is failing on the server side:

Is this the log you’re referring to?

local-lightning.log (182.7 KB)

Yep! That’s the one!

When I filter down to only the lines that are for the FlywheelPushService, I’m seeing an odd error about Local missing a file. Here’s one of those lines as an example:

{"thread":"main","class":"FlywheelPushService","message":"Error: Command failed: \"%%resourcesPath%%\\lightning-services\\php-7.3.5+10\\bin\\win64\\php.exe\" \"%%resourcesPath%%\\bin\\wp-cli\\wp-cli.phar\" --path=\"C:\\Users\\Maximus\\Local Sites\\maxp\\app\\public\" --require=\"%%resourcesPath%%\\bin\\wp-cli\\local-wpcli-error-reporting.php\" --skip-plugins --skip-themes \"core\" \"version\"\nError: Required file 'local-wpcli-error-reporting.php' doesn't exist (from runtime argument).\n\n    at ChildProcess.exithandler (child_process.js:317:12)\n    at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:315:20)\n    at ChildProcess.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js:467:12)\n    at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:1048:16)\n    at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:288:5)","level":"error","timestamp":"2021-08-04T01:39:17.550Z"}

Note this part of the message:

Error: Required file 'local-wpcli-error-reporting.php' doesn't exist (from runtime argument).

That’s a file that comes bundled with Local and so it should exist. If you navigate to where that file should be, what do you see? Here’s what I see when I navigate to that location:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Programs\Local\resources\extraResoureces\bin\wp-cli

If you have something different, then there might be something wrong with this installation of Local.

• Maybe some antivirus is locking that file down? You might check to see if there’s any mention of that file in your antivirus settings.

• Maybe that file was accidentally removed or corrupted? Backup your sites and try re-installing Local.

I fiddled around with the things you mentioned. Nothing worked at first but eventually it did successfully push to flywheel. Not sure exactly what I did but I’ll take it.
I then had trouble as the site wasn’t updating after pushing. Eventually realised I wasn’t including database.
So I finally have it up and running.

Long story short, you helped me out immensely. I appreciate it Ben!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.