Changelog not fully readable in Update popup

Bug Summary

Update changelog not easily fully readable due to scroll bug.

Steps to reproduce

In the “New version available” popup, scroll to read the changelog. When you reach the previous version from the top, or the newer version from the bottom, the scroll jumps to the top of that section, making it nearly impossible to read the last notes of a section.

Environment Info

Describe your environment.

• What Operating System are you using? Macos Sonoma 14.2.1
  • What versions of site software (Nginx, Apache, PHP, MySQL) is used? Unrelated
  • What version of Local is installed? 8.1.0+6515, update notification to 8.2.1

Supporting info

Local logs not relevant.

Screen recording attached.

Hello @rmpel -

Thank you! I passed this on to the Local engineering team.

All my best,

Sam

I noticed the same issue on Windows.

It can also be seen on the main release notes page here, which I’m assuming is simply being embedded in the app.

Is there some kind of scroll snapping being applied, or an overly aggresive ScrollSpy-like functionality? The jump seems to occur at the same time that the version number changes in the list to the left.

2 Likes

This was carried over (apparently) from Local 7.x.x. Annoying, and as rmpel mentions, it is sometimes just about impossible to read the bottom of longer version changelogs.

1 Like

This has been going on forever lol…Its interesting how no one from the dev team has seemed to notice? Or maybe just havent gotten around to it

Hi y’all! Just providing an update that I’ve checked with the team and this is still on their roadmap. As always there is lots of hard work being put into Local for enhancements, new features, and bug fixes that have to be prioritized accordingly. Thank you for your patience and communication with us while this is looked into for a resolution. :green_heart:

1 Like

Reopening this bug that was closed Glitchy scrolling through changelogs on macOS

Bug Summary

The in-app changelog when viewing the available update is glitchy and makes it impossible to read what’s new.

Steps to reproduce

1. Install a version of Local that is outdated
  2. Check for updates
  3. In the window that appears, try scrolling to view the details

Environment Info

macOS Sonoma

• What Operating System are you using?
  • What versions of site software (Nginx, Apache, PHP, MySQL) is used?
  • What version of Local is installed?

Supporting info

Please provide your Local Log. See this Community Forum post for instructions on how to do so:

Include any screenshots or video recordings of the issue to help others reproduce.

Hello @scottbuscemi -

I merged your thread into this open Bug thread. Please see @Nick-B’s response:

Thank you!

Sam

1 Like