Glitchy scrolling through changelogs on macOS

Bug Summary

When I try to scroll through the list of bug fixes/changes, it will work fine for a bit, and then it will glitch back farther up that scrollable container, so I can never completely read the list of changes.

Local is one of the few programs in which I actually care about the changes, so this is bothersome!

Steps to reproduce

I’m using a typical 2-finger scroll on the trackpad, and running into this issue about every time I try. It might be worth mentioning that I also have “Scroll direction: Natural” turned OFF, in case that has anything to do with it.

Environment Info

This has seemed to happen on many different Mac operating system and Local versions. Currently, I’m on MacOS 12.1 and this happened on whatever version of Local is right before 6.2.1+5711 (I didn’t check before I updated).

Supporting info

Logs: Dropbox - local-logs.zip - Simplify your life

PS - I’ll try to take a video of this behavior the next time I update!

This is still an issue – impossible to read the changelog within the app.

Hello @markmercier + @scottbuscemi!

Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention, the Local Engineering team is able to reproduce this behavior.

We’ll circle back when we have some more details on our next steps as we explore potential solutions.
Thank you!

Sam

Hi, came here to open a new ticket for this when this one popped up.

Still an issue and I’m hessitant to update Local or any software if I can’t properly check the changelogs.

Made a screenrecording of it Dropbox - local.mov - Simplify your life

Kinds regards!

Hey @jmslbam - thanks for reaching out! We appreciate the bump on this one.

In the interim… we definitely want you to be able to take advantage of the new releases. If you want to read the full change log, you can read through it at Releases - Local. The in-app view you recorded (very helpful!) is just an embed of that page.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 730 days. New replies are no longer allowed.