Connect to database on another computer

I used to run this setup with MAMP which worked really well, not sure if it’s possible with LBF but it seems so close!

Essentially it will allow multiple developers to work on the same WP site by all using the same database but using GIT to sync files. It removes the need to sync databases which is a big minefield in itself.

So we have 3 computers - one acts as the server (computer 1), I develop on another one (computer 2) and our second developer was on a third computer (computer 3).

We had MAMP running on the 3 computers but now we’ll run LBF on all 3 instead.

Computer 1 had the site setup on it… but all we needed was the database. We then copied the files to computers 2 and 3 (Backupbuddy is easy for this).

Then on computers 2 and 3 we changed the wp-config.php file to point at computer 1’s database by doing:

/** MySQL hostname */
define( 'DB_HOST', '192.168.1.75:3306' );

So the database was always in sync between us. We then used GIT to sync the files between computers 2 and 3 (it doesn’t matter about files on computer 1 - it’s just serving the database).

This can be done with 2 computers or 100, same applies - everyone just needs to run off the same database.

I’ve tried something similar with LBF by changing the configs on computers 2 and 3 to point at the database on computer 1:

/** MySQL hostname */
define( 'DB_HOST', '192.168.95.100:4002' );

(All those details are in the LBF dashboard in the database section)

It says there’s an error establishing a database connection though so something is blocking it. Is it possible to allow the ability to do this?