Connect to MySQL from Navicat

Hi, Is there anyway to connect my site’s (running in Local 5.x) MySQL database from Navicat or any other non-officially supported DB app?

I tried connecting to localhost with the port number I can get from Adminer but got a response connection not allowed.

Anton

I am getting the following when connecting to Sequel Pro - not working in other words :frowning:

You need to use the Sequel Pro nightlies

Thank you - I can confirm that the latest nightly Sequel Pro build allows me to connect. I am on MacOS Majave and using Local 5.2.8+2771.

My main question still remains - is there a way to connect to Local’s sites DB using other apps like Navicat?

In case someone has the same issues as me: to download the latest Sequel Pro build go to Test Builds and download the latest build there.

Did you get Navicat working with Local? I am having the same issue, I just get an error saying “2003 - Can’t connect to MySQL server on ‘127.0.0.1’ (61 “Connection refused”)”

OK, I managed to get Navicat working with Local. Here’s what I did.

1. In Local on the database tab, copy the “Socket” path.
  2. In Navicat, edit the connection and on the “Advanced” tab paste the path into the “Use socket file” field and check the checkbox to apply it.

Amazing tip! Thank you very much, Lee (@lfirth).

I followed your instructions and it worked for me too.

This topic was automatically closed 12 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.