Does Mailpit work in Local 8.3.1+6650?

I updated to the latest release today. I have a plugin which sends mail via wp_mail() that used to work correctly with Mailhog. Looking at PhpService.js, there is no reference to Mailpit.

System Details

• Local Version:
    8.3.1+6650
  • Operating System (OS) and OS version:
    Windows 11 Pro

Local Logs

local-lightning.zip (33.3 KB)
local-lightning-verbose1.zip (54.9 KB)

Hi @chris.smearing

I just created a new site on 8.3.1 and tested a password reset with Mailpit and it worked without a hitch. Could you test a new site like that and see if it’s working okay?

If you’re only having trouble on this specific site there could be some other conflict at play. Something else that might be worth trying is doing a reimport or a clone to see if that new site works.

The steps for reimporting would look like this:

• Locate the site files on your machine, and save a copy of them to your desktop. If you click Go to Site Folder under your site name it should take you right to where they are located.
  • Once you have those copied, completely delete the site from Local
  • Restart Local/your machine
  • Reimport the site back into Local. You can refer here on how to Restore from only Local site files

Thanks for your suggestion, but this didn’t work for me. I created a new site and did receive the welcome email. But then I also did a password reset, and it never arrived.

Still on Windows 11. New site configured with Apache, MariaDB 10.4.32, and PHP 8.3.0, WP 6.4.3. Any other information I can provide to help debug?

local-lightning-verbose.zip (7.2 KB)
local-lightning.zip (34.8 KB)

@chris.smearing If you switch from Apache to nginx (or start a new site with the default of nginx instead of Apache), does Mailpit then catch all emails for you?

You can switch existing sites from the “overview” pane: select “nginx” from the “web server” dropdown and click “Apply”.

I’m looking into why it’s only failing on Apache under Windows, but I hope this helps as a workaround for now. (I appreciate that you might not want to switch to nginx permanently.)

1 Like

I does indeed work under nginx @nickc! Thank you for finding that.

3 Likes

Hi @chris.smearing -

Thank you for letting us know what worked for you - happy building!

Sam

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

A fix for Mailpit under Apache on Windows will be available in Local 9.0.2 (currently in beta, will roll out to production over the coming days. Check the releases page to see when it’s live.).

2 Likes