Error Importing Site

I need your help here. ​How can I export ​my Local WordPress site ​from a computer to an other computer?
I was using Local on my MacBook Pro and I went to Local Sites folder to save 2 sites, zipped them up.
Now trying to important them to my iMac and it’s not working!

When I try to Add Site from Archive there is an error message saying: “Sorry! We couldn’t figure out what to do with the import file provided. Please extract it manually.”

I have the 2 zipped Archived files, let me know where I can give them to you so I can see what did it go wrong.

Thanks for you help.

Jellybean Digital

To export sites from Local you need to right-click on the site in the sidebar then go to Export :slight_smile:

Hey Clay,

If you read back my post. When I try to Add Site from Archive there is an error message saying: “Sorry! We couldn’t figure out what to do with the import file provided. Please extract it manually.”

The exported files seem to have some fault(s) and I have emailed the zipped files to Derek so you can guys look at them and see if you can fix them from me.

Sorry for the misunderstanding!

I’ll check in with Derek regarding this.

1 Like

Hi Clay, any news on this yet? I’m also trying to import from a Duplicator archive and I’m getting the same error message

1 Like

Importing archives outside of Local Exports aren’t supported at the moment but will be in 1.4.0 which will be released very soon :slight_smile:

Hello Clay,

I am new with freewheel. I have a problem with the import of the .zip files.
The .zip files contains wpcontent + database (big : >100Mb).
I have the message :
“Sorry! We couldn’t figure out what to do with the import file provided. Please extract it manually.”

Hence I have created a site and remplace the wp-config by mine and I want to add the database but the file is too big with phpmyadmin.

How can I fix these issues?

Best

Max

1 Like