Error "Uh-oh! " Unable to provision site. When trying to create a website for the first time

Hi, after installing local, when trying to create a Wordpress site for the first time on this home PC, it keeps giving this error.
What has been tried:

• Uninstalling the program and installing it again
  • Updating the latest version of Windows - Windows 10 22H2 (build 19045.3086)
  • Adding the entire folder with the program and separately the program to the firewall exceptions. Disabling firewall completely.
  • Update available version of Microsoft Visual C++

Screenshot_1

Hi there @Dima - welcome to the Local community!

It looks like this error may be due to a special character in your Windows username.

Can you try creating and using a user directory without extended characters?

Thanks!

Sam

As funny as it sounds, but the username is normal without any special characters. ( Dima)
The account username also has no special characters.) :sweat_smile:

Hi @Dima -

Hmm, when I’m looking at the error message, I see this:

Screen Shot 2023-06-15 at 12.57.03 PM

What’s going on here with the username?

Sam

1 Like

Sorry, this is an old screenshot, after rebooting the error does not disappear still, but the text is slightly different
Error02

Hi @Dima -

Unfortunately, there are still special characters in the username.

Screen Shot 2023-06-15 at 1.21.18 PM

Do you see them in your screenshot?

Sam

1 Like

Thanks to all who responded, after a week of evenings of torture )))) through a lot of experiments found out, including other programs. Does not work with accounts/folder names in Cyrillic. And it is a “problem” of most post-Soviet countries, where it is a habit during the installation of Windows at home or in the service - the username is named in Cyrillic. :melting_face: :face_with_peeking_eye:
Now I want to try to work with MAC system, although all my life I worked with Windows)) :sweat_smile:
p/s/
The solution was to create another even entry with administrator privileges and there set up the necessary programs to work. Simply renaming the user folder is dangerous, even according to the recommendations of technical support, because many of the settings can be lost or the account will not work at all

1 Like

@Dima I’m sorry you had to go through so much hassle but we do appreciate you coming back and letting us know what resolved your issue for other potential users. Now that you’re finally all set up, Happy Developing :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.