Exporting some sites fails.
- Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular?
This only happens for some sites.
- Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser?
I start a site in LocalWP. I right click and select “export”. I confirm the name and select a location. Partway through the export, I get the notice that the export failed.
- Which version of Local is being used?
- What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?
MacOS 12.4 Monterey
- Attach the Local Log. See this Help Doc for instructions on how to do so:
local-lightning.log (214.8 KB)
Hello @coreymaass - thank you for bringing your question here!
When the export fails do you get an error message? Can you share a screenshot of what you see?
Here’s the error screen I get:
For a different site, I’m seeing a different error. It’s a system notification saying “site compression failed”. I cleared out the log, but nothing was written when the error occurred.
I’m assuming the exports are failing on some specific file type, but I’m not sure how to find out what file is causing the issue.
Hi @coreymaass - interesting, thank you for the context.
Are you perhaps using a specific plugin or theme on each of these sites that aren’t exporting that you’re not on the other sites?
I was able to debug one. it had too many nested directories.
The other has a lot going on so yes, I’m using some plugin or code, but I’ve no idea how to debug what code is causing the issue
This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.