FEATURE REQUEST -- Easy Way to Exclude "wp-content/uploads" folder when pulling from WP Engine

Issue Summary

I’m a web developer who works a website that is hosted by WP Engine and use Local for development locally. I use a Mac.

Is there any easy way to exclude the “wp-content/uploads” folder when pulling files from a WP Engine environment?

In Local when I get to the screen that shows the files I can exclude when pulling from WP Engine before pulling, I need to scroll a lot to finally view the “wp-content/uploads” folder to be able to uncheck that checkbox.

Can Local be updated so that on the Local pull files screen from WP Engine there’s an ‘Exclude “wp-content/uploads” folder’ checkbox at the top that I can uncheck so I won’t have to scroll a lot?

I’d like to do this because it takes an extremely long time to pull the “wp-content/uploads” folder from my one my WP Engine sites to Local.

Troubleshooting Questions

This happens every time I use Local to pull a website (excluding the “wp-content/uploads” folder) from WP Engine.

Replication

This happens every time I use Local to pull a website (excluding the “wp-content/uploads” folder) from WP Engine.

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used?
    6.3.1+5826

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?
    macOS Big Sur

• Attach the Local Log. See this Help Doc for instructions on how to do so:
    No need to.

Security Reminder

Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.