I cant log in to wordpress

Issue Summary

I can’t log in to my wp dashboard even after typing the right login details, it keeps bringing me back to an empty input field to put my login details again and when I do it still repeats. I have researched and tried the little solution I found including changing my router mode to local but still can’t solve the issue

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local or just one in particular?

It happens on all the sites I try to upload, even when I create a new one

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser?

Yes but I can’t log in to my admin dashboard

Replication

Describe the steps that others can take to replicate this issue. If you have screenshots that can help clarify what is happening, please include them!

I just go through the normal process of downloading local, uploading or creating new site and still encounter the same issue. let me include about my PC…Device name DESKTOP-M5D0VEH
Processor Intel(R) Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz 2.40 GHz
Installed RAM 4.00 GB
Device ID 4C53CCF6-8D80-48C9-86BE-77D2992E4225
Product ID 00326-30000-00001-AA980
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used?

It says version 7.0.1+6387

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?
    Edition Windows 10 Home
    Version 22H2
    Installed on ‎12/‎7/‎2019
    OS build 19045.2965
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19041.1000.0

• Attach the Local Log. See this Help Doc for instructions on how to do so:

local-logs.zip (7.9 KB)

Security Reminder

Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however, there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

3 Likes

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Unable to login, changing wp-config.php workaround

Hi all! It looks like you have run into a known bug at this time. I’ll merge your topic into the main one so we can keep all the information contained. Our Engineers are aware of the issue and working on a fix! In the meantime, there are some workarounds listed in the main topic.

Hi @Digitalfreak -

Have you been able to log in now following the thread Nick shared?

The latest Local beta also addresses this:

Sam

I was setting up with local and flywheel with an online developer , and got as far as putting LocalWp on to the back end of wordpress, then it asked me to create a new site, and I was unable to go back, so I exited. now however my site is not connecting.
Can you please help. so out of my debth I think.

not technical at all , lingo not making sense, I am happy to organise to work with someone to do this direct on Local, but just need site reconnected Please.

Hi @avalilly

It sounds like you might be running into a different issue. Could you create a new post and share all the details below?

• What is your OS?

• What version of Local are you on?

• Please attach a copy of your Local Logs

• Screenshots of any errors

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.