I can't push my website to WPengine due to the wp-cache-memcached mu-plugin

What issue or error are you experiencing?

Hi, i read many topics about it but since yesterday I’m trying to push my website from local to wpengine but it’s always came up the message that couldn’t push.

I tried to understand what could be the issue in the log file but I couldn’t understand.

Thank you

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

System Details

• Local Version:
    Version 9.0.2+6676
  • Operating System (OS) and OS version:
    Window 11 Pro Version 23H2

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)
local-lightning.log (697.9 KB)

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hello @sanetti -

Have you tried to log out and log back into your WP Engine account?

What version of Local are you running?

Thank you,

Sam

Hi, thank you for the answer. As I wrote I run the Local Version 9.0.2+6676. Before to open a topic, I looked for and I read to disconnect from local to wpengine to renew the SSK key, I tried at least 10 times, I tried also to downgrade the Local version but nothing.

I ran into an issue of pushing from Local WP to WP Engine today when in times past there were no problems. I solved the problem by resetting the file permissions on WP Engine.

Hi, thank you for the answer. I tried to reste the file permissions but it doesn’t work, it shows me the same error.

Hi @sanetti

Can you share an update local log here? There are some different ways to access and share Local Logs. For us to be able to troubleshoot thoroughly, please click the Download Local Logs button from the Support tab in Local. This will generate a zip archive that contains the Local log along with some other diagnostic information to help quickly zero in on any issues that Local is encountering.

Hi thank you for the answer.
Yesterday I tried in other ways. When I push the website I only select the newer files and remove from the pushing the folder mu-plugins, I think is the must use plugins and everything works.
Maybe there is a problem there? I don’t know.

Yes I see errors in your logs mentioning the mu-plugins directory so that could be the culprit. With that removed are you able to push/pull as normal now?

Hey @sanetti – Thank you reporting this issue and for your patience while we investigate!

We’ve zeroed in on the problem and have a fix in the works which should be released in the next version of Local. Until that time, you should still be able to push the site as long as you unselect the wp-cache-memcached folder:

2 Likes

Yes, the only solution.

Yes thank you. I’ve already find out yesterday, if I unselect that everything works.
So thank you.
I appreciate

Local Beta 9.0.3 is out now with a fix for this bug if you want to test it @sanetti :slight_smile:

4 posts were split to a new topic: Unable to push site due to file permissions on media

A post was split to a new topic: Trouble pushing site to WP Engine

Closing this bug since the fix is live and can be found in the 9.0.3 release!