Import/Export Bug

What issue or error are you experiencing?

Hi Guys,

I’m having an odd experience using Local on PC while developing my custom WP site.

At first, I thought it was some custom code I have added, but now I am thinking it’s a possible bug in the software.

Here’s what’s happening: -

I’m developing a large WP site using local and have periodically been exporting from my PC to my Apple laptop for portability. This has not been an issue until recently when my navbar switched to mobile view by default and I was not able to change it back to desktop view regardless.

The navbar uses a navigation block with a few links, nothing fancy. I have tried deactivating all my plugins, removing my custom code and literally stripping the site back to the navbar itself, still with mobile view by default.

By this I mean the overlay is showing when set to mobile only, and the nav links have dropped style and are showing as an unordered list with bullet points. Again, I thought this might be an issue with the theme or some plugin, or some custom code. So, I installed a fresh version of WP and made a basic navigation on the sample page with nothing else.

I loaded the page, and it looked fine, I then exported the site as a zip file and reimported the same file and the mobile view was there on the nav as per my website. Not, my website is working fine, but if I export and reimport it, eg transfer to another machine it defaults to the mobile only view for the nav.

Please advise of any solutions for this?

Thanks,
KD

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

To replicate:-

1. Spin up a new wordpress 6.3 site
  2. Use the TwentyTwentyThree default theme
  3. Add a navigation block to a page
  4. Add a few links to simulate the nav categories
  5. View the site and confirm it is working correctly
  6. Export the site as a zip file using Local running on Windows
    7 Import the same zip file and give a different name, eg [name]-test
    8 View the site and confirm that the navbar has imploded, dropping all styles and showing the mobile overlay button

System Details

Windows 10 Pro
Wordpress 6.3

• Local Version:
    7.1.2+6410

• Operating System (OS) and OS version:
    Windows 10 Pro

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hi @designmindz!

It looks like you’re running into an issue we’ve been tracking on the thread below. There are some workarounds and other discussion around this over there. I’ll merge your thread so you can follow along for assistance and any future changes we roll out that address this.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Importing a WP 6.3 exported site with block theme results in CSS problems [with solution]

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.