I've deleted the app from desktop on my MacBook

What issue or error are you experiencing?

Hello, I’ve recently deleted by mistake the app from desktop on my MacBook and I had two websites but I have no backup. I searched the app on launchpad / trash / applications but I can’t find it and im afraid I’ve lost the websites. What should I do?

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

searched everywhere.

System Details

• Local Version:
  • Operating System (OS) and OS version:
    macOS Samona 14.4.1

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)

I can’t find local app.

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hello,

it’s a little bit urgent, I would appreciate it for any response.

Thank you.

Hi, @makeitsimple. Deleting the Local application does not normally delete your sites as well, which are stored separately. You can try these steps to restore them:

1. Reinstall Local. For macOS, be sure to copy the app to your Applications folder and run it from that location. (Do not run it from the desktop.)
  2. Open the Finder and choose Go → Go to Folder.
  3. Enter ~/Local Sites and press enter. You should see a folder containing any sites you had.
  4. Follow the guide here under “Restore from only Local site files” to reimport your sites. (You’ll need to zip up those folders one at a time and then drag them into the running Local window to import them.)