Local creating more and more space

Local virtual machine disk is taking more and more space all the time. Now it’s 55.46 GB!
(disk.vmdk) And flywheel is getting unresponsive and slow more and more often.

I see the docker snapshots are the one that are taking so much space inside the virtual machine.
Can I delete some of them ?

I’m running local by flywheel 3.3.0 and cannot update the application because so many projects in it with specific php&mysql-versions. That’s not an option at the time!

Hey @kiporosio - Welcome to the Local Community Forums!

Since this is related to Local Classic, you might have luck searching some of the old threads in the forums.

I’m not 100% sure on this. I wouldn’t recommend doing this unless you have a solid backup/restore plan. There’s a lot that could go wrong, which is the primary reason we moved away from that older Local Classic implementation.

What versions of those software are the projects requiring? I would recommend making time to upgrade those projects to more recent versions of the server software since there isn’t any focus happening on Local Classic.

Good luck!

Thank you for your answer.
To be honest, new local version does not quite seem to be reliable for everyday work if you look at the amount of problems people having.
Or am I wrong ? is it reliable ?

On my windows PC that I rarely use, updating the local just stopped showing any old sites by breaking something… not something i would like to happen with my main macbook.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.