Local is unusably slow for one site only

Issue Summary

Local is taking minutes to respond for one of my sites. On EVERY page load.

It makes working with the site impossible.

I have other sites on Local that work fine. It’s only one specific site.

The site works normally for a while after pulling a fresh copy from the live site.

But eventually it just slows back down. It’s not a gradual decline. It just switches to taking minutes to respond.

I’ve tried everything in the troubleshooting article. Troubleshooting Performance issues in Local - Local

And none of it changed anything.

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular?
    This only happens for one particular site.

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser?
    Yes. And all other sites in Local work like normal.

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used?
    6.7.0+6347

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?
    MacOS Ventura 13.2.1

@channel2600

Something we often do when troubleshooting single sites experiencing issues like this on hosting is deactivating all the plugins. If the site returns to normal with all the plugins deactivated, then that narrows it down to a plugin conflict somewhere. You can start to enable them one at a time, or in small groups, and see at which point the behavior returns. That will help you get down to which plugin might be the troublemaker.

Alternatively, you could also try swapping the theme out to see if the problem lies there as well.

You can use Open Site Shell in your Local app and use WP-CLI commands to activate/deactivate plugins or change out themes to make things a little easier.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.