What issue or error are you experiencing?

I can not log in to my WP admin for my first ever site I wish to create. Login says Unknown email address. Check again or try your username. Yet with the same name and email adress I am connected here and I put it into my Local My account. What is wrong? Can You help me? (I reloaded several times, nothing changed)
Thank you

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

System Details

• Local Version:

• Operating System (OS) and OS version:

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hello @Oona - thank you for your question and welcome to the Local community! :wave:

The WordPress email address + password would have been set when you created the site (or imported). This is not the same as the Local email address and password.

You can see what your admin usernames are in the settings for the site:

Let me know if this makes sense,

Sam

1 Like

Hi Sam, thank you very much for your mail. Yes it looks like I put my One click admin on OFF. I panicked because I had the pb with log in , web admin and password three days ago for two days! and following to your guide I managed to fix it in Site shell 2 days ago, but not this morning.
So good to have somebody that replies, thank you

2 Likes

Hello @Oona -

So glad you got that sorted!

Happy building,

Sam :green_heart:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.