MacBook froze and restarted on Site import

Issue Summary

I’ve created a zip file with localhost.sql and files>wp-content folder per instructions. When I tried to import the site it all went well until it came to provisioning services where it displayed a brightly colored screen for a second and restarted the device.

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular?
    I’ve previously created a new site and it all worked

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser?
    Yes

Replication

I’ll attach the window I got from Apple Report after the restart

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used?
    6.1.5+5536

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?
    MacOS BigSur 11.6, MacBook Pro M1 2020 13" 8GB

• Attach the Local Log. See this Community Forum post for instructions on how to do so:

Security Reminder

Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.
local-lightning.log (25.9 KB)

Ooof, I’ve only seen Local fail like that a couple of times. Looking at the Local log, I’m not seeing any obvious things for why that would happen.

In the other instances where I’ve seen that sort of screen, it’s usually around a site that is very large. Do you have a rough idea of how many files are trying to be imported?

If it is a large site, you might have to work around this by manually importing the site. The general steps would look like:

1. Create a new, plain site in Local
  2. Overwrite this plain site’s wp-content folder with the folder of the site you’re trying to import
  3. copy the .sql file to the site root (ie, the sitename/app/public folder)
  4. Within Local, open a site shell by right-clicking on the site and selecting “Open Site Shell”
  5. Import the DB by running a wp-cli command
  6. Search and replace the urls, again, using wp-cli

Those last two commands should look something like:

wp db import database-dump.sql
wp search-replace '//example.com' '//example.local'

Can you see if manually importing the site gets you what you need?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.