Migration and Backup plugins not saving files correctly

What issue or error are you experiencing?

I have tried several plugins looking for something to back up my local WP sites which I have been developing in Local. The problem with a couple of them is that they don’t download the back up into a proper zip folder or a .wp file on my local hard drive. I am left with a .crdownload file which is useless of course. WPvivid is doing this as was All-in-one WP Migration before it. I know I have got to be doing something wrong… but what? Maybe if it is he plugins, someone might have a suggestion of one that works.

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

System Details

• 8.3.2:

• Windows 11

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hello @hilly - welcome to the Local community!

Have you tried right-clicking the site and clicking “Export”? More information can be found here.

Does that give you the file you’re looking for?

Sam