Modern Tribe (The Events Calendar) + Local = cache issue?

Hi!

I’m developing locally using LbFW, and have come across a somewhat frustrating issue. I don’t know if anyone has come across this.

I’m using the Modern Tribe plugin The Events Calendar (free). Local seems to hold on to the cache for a really long time - I often need to refresh over 10 times, or just wait for 5 minutes and refresh. I make edits to the HTML in the templates, and the edits won’t show the above amount of time. However, edits to all non-Calendar pages show up immediately.
What I’ve tried:
turned the Dev Mode on
switched from ngnix to apache

My local WP is the latest, the Calendar is the latest… it’s just really a weird issue and it’s adding heaps of time to my project!

Any ideas?
Thanks!
Thanks!

Hey @alexwc,

I found a link in Modern Tribe forums:

Is this your issue? If you are using Eventbrite this might be the cause.
And by what you said, it seems to be a plugin issue, not a Local one… The caches you can use with Local comes from the browser, varnish, Wordpress, or cache plugin. I don’t believe the Event plugin has it’s own cache.
And since the issue just affect the event plugin changes, it boils down to the plugin.

You can also try to use a private window in you preferred browser, since it don’t store any browser’s cache (which is the simplest and most common). But static cache from the other sources might still exist.

EDIT:
Also there is this answer from clay:

Hey @atempel, thanks for the info. No Eventbrite on this site. While I have no way to prove it and lack the ability to really dig in to this issue, I “have a feeling” it’s a Local issue (and feelings aren’t a good way to argue this stuff!!!). I also understand that I could be totally wrong - and at this point I wish I could be proven wrong so that SOMETHING could be solved :wink: .

Anyways, one thing I forgot to mention - when I navigate to a previous or upcoming month (which updates the URL to whatever.com/events/2018-09/ etc), the updated HTML/data/etc in the template shows up, and if I navigate back to whatever.com/events/, the HTML/data disappears again… it’s just really frustrating!

Regardless i’ll re-read the links you posted in case I’ve missed something. Thanks again! :+1:

1 Like