Net::err_cert_invalid

Issue Summary

Need help, I help I keep getting this error message

NET::ERR_CERT_INVALID

What settings do I need to change to fix this?

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular? All

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser? No

Replication

Describe the steps that others can take to replicate this issue. If you have screenshots that can help clarify what is happening, please include them!

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used?

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?

• Linux, Ubuntu
  • Attach the Local Log. See this Help Doc for instructions on how to do so:

• creating site secure with https://

Security Reminder

Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hello. Did you find any solution?

1 Like

Hey @kt.kroening – Thanks for reporting this!

Can you give a little more detail about the version of Ubuntu that is being used?

Also, can you upload to the forums one of the certs that is giving the INVALID error?

Users have confirmed this issue has been resolved with the latest release of Local, v6.3.1. Please see this thread and download the latest build for the fix! SSL Not working on Chrome with NET::ERR_CERT_INVALID - #59 by austinwendt

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.