New user - cannot create website - starting up site services

Issue Summary

I cannot create a new WordPress website. Stays like forever on “starting up site services”
Windows 10.

1 Like

Hi @Fotis Do you have any antivirus, security, or firewall applications that could be blocking Local? Are you running any other developer applications simultaneously?

More details about troubleshooting this here: Router Mode

If you’re still having trouble please share a copy of your local log with us to troubleshoot further: Retrieving Local’s Log File

local-logs.zip (13.6 KB)

Here my Log File! Thx!

Hi @Fotis

Thank you for your log. Were you able to look at my questions above? Do you have anything along those lines that you could check to see if they are blocking or limiting Local?

Are you running any other developer applications simultaneously? You can check that Router Mode article for more help in troubleshooting.

1. My firewall pop-up two times and I clicked allow.
  2. I don’t run the at the same time anything else.

Hi @Fotis If you change your Router Mode to Localhost are you able to create a site?

Yes, I test it now. So for now I’ll stay to localhost! Did you find something useful from the log files?

If you’re able to work normally on Localhost, that means something is still blocking Local which is what your logs indicated as well. You can use that Router Mode document above to check for Port Conflicts and help drill down further into the issue.

Localhast is fine as a workaround but certain features will be disabled while you use this mode.

@Nick-B thank you for your help!

1 Like

No problem! Happy Developing :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.