Problems updating to Local 9.0.5 on a MacBook Pro iOS 14.5

What issue or error are you experiencing?

I am unable to update my Local to the latest version, 9.0.5, on my MacBook Pro using iOS 14.4.

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc.

The error:
After opening Local, I get a window with a “A new version of Local is available” message. So I pressed the Install Update button, and the “Downloading Update” pop window appeared with the processing message but after a minute or so running, I got the following error message:
“Error while updating”
“Code signature at URL file:///Users/…/Library/Caches/com.getflywheel.lightning.local.ShipIt/update.Teg4Yd4/Local.app/ did not pass validation: code failed to satisfy specified code requirement(s)”

System Details

• Local Version:
    Local version: 6.4.2+6012

• Operating System (OS) and OS version:
    Sonoma iOS 14.5

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hi @tfrontera

There was a breaking change back when Local updated to 6.4.3 that required a manual update. You can find the details for that here:

1 Like

@Nick-B, thank you so much. It worked.

1 Like

Glad to hear it @tfrontera! Happy Developing :green_heart:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.