Pull Fresh Copy / Best Practices

What issue or error are you experiencing?

I used Local for testing the PHP and mySQL upgrades that WP Engine pushed out months ago, but I haven’t been using it in my daily work flow. However, I’m interested in considering doing so and am curious about how others use it or how others would recommend using it.

I came back to one project site that I need to work on today and can’t figure out how to pull a fresh copy, as the local one is old now. When I go to my WP Engine connected sites, I do see three dots next to my site. See screenshot below. Clicking on the dots gives me some sort of dropdown but it appears clipped and I can’t see any items in it. Should it have a “Pull Fresh Copy” option?

Is this how one normally grabs a new copy?

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

System Details

• Local Version:

Version 9.0.1+6673

• Operating System (OS) and OS version:

Windows 10 Pro

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hi @relish27!

The dropdown that you’re not seeing should include a “Disconnect” option and after clicking that you can do a fresh pull again. Since that isn’t working for you, as a workaround you can always download a backup and direct import that into Local.

Hi, @Nick-B

Thanks for confirming. I was guessing that that dropdown might provide the solution but I wasn’t sure. I ended up deleting the site and then adding it again. I noticed that there was an option to “Pull to existing.” So if I have disconnected, then I suspect that would be an option. Is that what you’re saying?

Thanks for the alternative options, too. I wonder what I can do to get the dropdown to work?

Hi @relish27

If you wanted to refresh here and start with a clean slate you could give the below steps a try.

• Export any sites that you have on Local and save them to a folder somewhere on your computer. Backup a Local Site - Local

• Fully uninstall Local from your computer.

• Install the latest version of Local on this link.

• Once installed, please restart the computer.

• When the computer is restarted and turned on, close any applications that automatically run in the background (AntiVirus, Firewall, and other Developer applications included).

• Check and see if the issue still persists.

Ah, good things to know about. Thank you!

1 Like