Sites wiped upon updating LocalWP

Issue Summary

After updating my LocalWP from 5.9.8 > 6.1.2, all of my sites migrated in an incomplete version and wouldn’t open. The files that survived seem to migrate in an unorderly fashion.

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular?

All sites. This also happened the last time I updated LocalWP which is why I’ve been putting it off for so long. Ideally I would love to just know why it might be happening so I can avoid it happening in the future as it’s a little disheartening to know I need to spend a few hours taking backups then restoring them just to update.

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser?

Not at first, as I was getting a 502 error. After restarting my system I could successfully create a new site. I could then import my backups using All-in-One WP Migration.

Replication

Updating LocalWP seemed to do it. Not sure how to replicate other than attempting an update.

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used?

Previously 5.9.8, upgraded to 6.1.2.

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?

Windows 10 Home

• Attach the Local Log. See this Community Forum post for instructions on how to do so:
    I cleared out anything older than a couple of days old as it wouldn’t be relevant to the upgrade. I’ve got the error log too if that would be useful.
    local-lightning.log (125.4 KB)
1 Like

Just had this happen again upon updating from 6.1.2 to 6.1.8+5621.

What logs could I provide to try and help figure out what’s going on?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.