Stuck at "adding wordpress"

I can’t seem to add new sites in local Version 9.0.4+6699 it just gets stuck at “adding Wordpress”. I’m on a Mac M2 Ventura v 13.2.1.

I tried restarting local several times, as well as my Mac and still having the issue.

Hi @Qwik3r

Is this a work issued machine or a personal one?

Do you have any antivirus, security, or firewall applications that could be blocking Local?

Are you running other developer applications simultaneously? Apps like MAMP, XAMPP, or Docker for example.

It’s a personal one. I wound up duplicating one of the existing installs and just clearing it out, but when I tried adding a plugin it said that the it couldn’t create the directory which prompted me to look into things further. The folder didn’t have write permissions for “everyone” so I changed that and then I was able to add a plugin, so it’s likely the same issue is making adding wordpress hang maybe. Although, it does add everything else, like the app folder etc, so IDK what is going on.

1 Like

Sounds good @Qwik3r! So all is working normally now? Or do you still see the WordPress hanging with new sites?

Unfortunately it is not working still. It just hangs on “adding Wordpress”. Very disappointed.

Did you check for any of these items?

Do you have any antivirus, security, or firewall applications that could be blocking Local?

Are you running other developer applications simultaneously? Apps like MAMP, XAMPP, or Docker for example.

Something is blocking Local from making connections, so if it’s not one of the above items it might be that something else is still locked down, or blocking.

When you create a new site do you get a prompt for your password to allow Local to edit the hosts file?

If you’re still having trouble can you share your full Local Log here? Retrieving Local’s Log File