Stuck with “Starting local machine” on macOs when trying to install local by flywheel

Issue Summary

I am trying to install local by flyer wheel on my Mac but it’s has been stuck on starting local machine

Initiallt it was asking me to grant access in settings >> system preferences >> General, which didn’t even come up in my system presence at all so I was told to install VirtualBox manually, after I installed virtualBox now I am stuck with “Starting local Machine” with the below error

Uh-oh! We ran into a hiccup
when trying to start the Local
Machine.
Error setting up host only network on
machine start: /usr/local/bin/
J/BoxManage hostonlyif ipconfig
vboxnet8 --ip192.168.95.1–netmask
255.255.255.0 failed:

macOS BigSur and I installed local by flywheel 3.0.4

Security Reminder

Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hi @nicandias - that version of Local is no longer supported. The latest version’s of Local (currently v6.4.0) no longer use Virtual Box and should install much more easily.

Please install the latest MacOS release from this link - localwp.com/releases/6.4.0

@austine thank you very much for the reply, the latest version I working perfectly.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.