"this connection is not private" cannot open any imported local site!

Issue Summary

As exactly per the subject line ~ I cannot for some reason open an imported site. I kept getting a “This connection is not private” error no matter what browser.

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular? All sites.

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser? I can create new site just fine. Obviously not looking forward if I have to restart everything from scratch.

Replication

Describe the steps that others can take to replicate this issue. If you have screenshots that can help clarify what is happening, please include them!

1. import site.
  2. greeted with the error.

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used? Version 6.4.0+5927

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?

• Big Sur 11.6.5
  • Attach the Local Log.

local-logs.zip (31.2 KB)

Just an update, I have tried manually “trusting” my local’s website inside MacOs’s Keychain Access as indicated here https://localwp.com/help-docs/ssl/managing-local-sites-ssl-certificate-in-macos/

…However now I am seeing nothing but a blank website.

It’s a message from your browser that informs you that the connection is not secure. The most common cause of “Your connection is not private” is an incorrect date & time set on your PC. Chrome makes sure that your computer’s clock matches the clock in a Google server farm, and if it doesn’t, will block the connection to HTTPS sites for security reasons.

To fix your issue, set your computer’s clock to the correct current time.

• Go to System Preferences
  • Choose Date & Time
  • Navigate to the Date & Time tab
  • Change the current time to the correct time (accurate to the nearest minute will do).

If it’s not your computer’s fault, it’s just a Chrome security feature. Chrome detects malicious activity going on with the site (like malware-laced ads, breach by hackers, etc.) and automatically warns you to protect you if it believes your security or safety might be at risk. If you want to override the warning, just hit Advanced → Continue to site.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.