Two-Factor (2FA) Verification Code Issues

What issue or error are you experiencing?

I do not receive the code for 2fa so I cannot log in.

I have lost any record of setting up 2FA for my LocalWP account and Iā€™m unable to log in without the code. When I do a password reset, Iā€™m still being asked to provide wo-factor verification code.

Can someone please guide me on how to recover my LocalWP account?

Thanks in advance.

@jeiss and @userx

Sending you a DM to follow up on this!

Hi, Iā€™ve tried to login to my local account, but it is asking for 2FA which I never remember setting up, or at least donā€™t have it as an option in my authenticator app. Thanks

1 Like

Sent you a DM @bignallt!

I canā€™t log because I donā€™t know how to get two-factor verification code.

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Sending you a DM @Canuck!

1 Like

Hi
I lost my phone and now canā€™t access my two-factor verification code.
How can I go about this, kindly?

Me too, I canā€™t log because I donā€™t know how to get two-factor verification code.

Hi @inaki and @ChawardCorp Iā€™ve sent you both DMs to follow up!

Iā€™m having this very issue, I want to add a plugin to my Local app, the ā€œInstant-Reloadā€, but it required me to login into my account. I logged in and it says ā€œEnter your two-factor verification codeā€. Can you please DM me with the solution please?

1 Like

Circling back here to say that this one is sorted :white_check_mark:

1 Like

I cannot get into my account. I cannot remember my 2-factor authentication code. Please advise.

System Details

Local Version:

Operating System (OS) and OS version:
Apple M3 Max
Sonoma 14.3.1

Sending you a DM @jpruim!

Thanks for this topic I am concened about.
I encountered a problem with MySQL port which it has already been reported on this forum but not solved. Two weeks later I do not remind of having needed a two form authentication factor to sign in in the local forum hence I cannot connect and create a new topic. Could you email me like on previous responses? (I enclose my log concerning my first problem)
Thanks a lot
local-lightning-verbose0.log (173.2 KB)

Hi @tournesol59

Iā€™m a little confused here. You mention that youā€™re unable to log into the forum and create a new topic, but you were able to comment here correct?

The Forums and Local Hub (within your Local app) are separate logins/instances. Are you having trouble logging into Local Hub? This would be the little profile icon in your Local app required to do things like use Live Links and Cloud Backups.

Hi @jpruim - I received your message and you should be good to go now!

Unable to login, not receiving any codes to enter. Checked spam folder as well. Please advise!

Sending you a DM @lvekua