Two-Factor (2FA) Verification Code Issues

Same issue as others have had: new phone, can’t access my old 2FA to get into my account. Please help!

Reaching out!

Hello! Much like everyone else here, I’ve lost the ability to log in to my account via 2FA. I had gotten a new phone and, unfortunately, didn’t think about properly transferring my 2FA data over. :sweat_smile: Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

1 Like

Sending you a message @MorganJ :sunglasses:

1 Like

I tried to log in to my Local WP account to continue the process of creating my local site and it asks me for a two-factor verification code, but I changed my phone so I don’t have those codes anymore… How can I recover them or at least delete the account so I can create the site again with that e-mail address?

Hi @InterProData - Sending you a DM!

I’m having the same issue. Not receiving 2FA code.

Sent you a message @monkeymia!

Done. Thought I had an account.

1 Like

Nick. I have an account. I’m trying to login but I’m not getting the 2FA e-mail.

I’ve sent you a DM @Stef1000 to follow up here

Can’t log in to local–

Hi @gerryw45 - Sending you a DM here to follow up on this!

Hello Nick. I’m v late responding and I have sent an email from acc registered with local. Having issues adding new user and I want change the settings in my admin acc to anyone can register and enable a new administrator to use and edit my site.
I attempted to add a new user through the dashboard but learned they need to be registered with Local or is it with Wordpress.org? I am a dum dum but learning.

Hey @gerryw45 - Let me know if I’m misunderstanding your issue here. I haven’t seen an email come through from you yet. Are you trying to reset your 2FA for your Local Hub login (upper left hand corner of your Local app) or is this for accessing your WordPress dashboard of your site within Local? If the latter, you can use the steps here to create or edit a user via CLI without our help:

Regarding the rest of your comment, nobody will be able to access your Local site but you while it is in your Local app. In order to have users register, login, etc you’ll have to migrate the site from your Local application to a live web host.

Hi Nick.

Yes, I can’t login because of the 2 factor verification. I then wish to add an administrator user to assist me with my long lingering website.

Any other questions, please ask.

Thank you.

Rgds,
Gerard Wright.

Logging into Local Hub as I described above won’t allow you to add anyone. Local Hub is only needed for enabling Live Links or Cloud Backups. If you’re locked out of your WordPress dashboard you can use my link above to create a new user, reset a user, or disable plugins if you have one that is forcing 2FA. As mentioned, you won’t be able to add an admin to your site. It is not a hosted site but only local to your machine.

Hi Nick.

Thank you for responding so quickly to my email.

I have no plugins downloaded and it specifically the 2 factor verification that prevents me signing in.

I’m unable to use the domain SSP and use localhost to access my Wordpress dashboard. I can access my dashboard and can edit my site.

Within the dashboard I theoretically can add an administrator but the email invite if you like, is not landing in her inbox. Does she require a wordpress.org account to access my dashboard?

My longstanding issue accessing my dashboard through the domain route is not resolved and it is a port issue, but not entirely sure if my new Anti virus programme from McAfee is responsible or even my old Anti virus from Bitdefender was an issue.

I hope to have this individual access my Wordpress dashboard ultimately.

You may have answered all of my issues already, but as I said, I am a dum dum at times.

Rgds,
Gerard Wright.

Hi @gerryw45

I’ve disabled your 2FA for Local Hub. So you should be able to log back in there and reenable when you’re ready. Regarding all of your other questions/concerns, I don’t believe those to be related to 2FA Local Hub access which is the primary concern of this post and thread. If you have any other questions or issues to raise please create a new forum post and add all of the relevant details and screenshots you can and we’ll be happy to assist you there.

Hi Nick.

Thank you v much for your help and and of course I should not taken the liberty to include other issues.

I fully take on board what you’re instructions are and when I’m exposed fully to these additional issues I will read the help guides to see if I can resolve them. If not, I know where to ask for help.

Kind regards,
Gerard Wright.

1 Like