Unable to open local websites

What issue or error are you experiencing?

When I click to open a website, I get this.

This site can’t be reached

blueprint-bricks.local refused to connect.

Try:

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

System Details

• Local Version:
    Version 8.2.1+6583

• Operating System (OS) and OS version:
    macOS Sonoma 14.3.1

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)
local-lightning.log (731.1 KB)

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hi @friveraus

If you change your Router Mode to Localhost are you able to proceed? Preferences>Advanced>Router Mode>Localhost

Hi Nick-B, Router mode is already set to localhost.

This is the message I am getting (it takes several minutes to display): “Warning! This site’s WordPress URL settings do not match the host set in Local”.

When I press the “Fix it” button, then that website I am able to open in Local.

Felix

blueprint-bricks.local refused to connect.

It sounds like maybe you had the Router Mode in Site Domains at some point but changed to Localhost and it had trouble connecting. The domain blueprint-bricks.local would only appear/work in Site Domains mode. When you switch to Localhost the domain name will change to something like localhost:10003.

So if you change your Router Mode back to Site Domains, does that help?

Are you running other developer applications simultaneously? That could also cause similar issues. Apps like MAMP, XAMPP, or Docker for example.

I am not sure how the Router Mode was changed to Localhost. I know I did not make the change. Now, all of the websites on Local are set to localhost.

What I lost is the site name for all of the websites on local (e.g. website-name.local) and the ability to use a password.

When I switched back to Site Domain, I was not able to log in with the password on several sites, so I was forced to change Router Mode to localhost.

We have steps outlined in this article that you can use to change the password for an admin user, or create a new user so you can get back into any sites you were locked out of:

Do you have any security or user management plugins on these sites?

Thank you, Nick-B. I can now log into the websites I was locked out of.

:slightly_smiling_face:

I’m glad to hear it!

I’ll close this out for now, but if you have any other questions or concerns don’t hesitate to reach back out. We are always happy to help!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.