Unable to set up Local on Mac -

What issue or error are you experiencing?

Please see screenshots - When I attempted to upload the Zip file of my website to Local that hosting provided, knowing that the purpose for the file was for Local development, I got the error messages showing in the screen shots.

Can you please advise what may be wrong. The DB on the site that I am trying to upload is MariaDB,
could this be the issue? and if so is there a solution.

Kind regards,
FO

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

I have provided this

System Details

• Local Version:

• Operating System (OS) and OS version:

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.
Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 23.32.14

Hi @femiO

The reason you’re having trouble is because Local doesn’t have native MariaDB support for MacOS, only MySQL.

We have a feature request below for tracking interest on this:

Thanks for the response Nick. So the interest was quite a few years ago now. Is there any appetite for Local to add this feature anytime soon? Our need is pretty much an immediate one, so we’ll have to find an alternative, but we would be very happy to return to Local if this feature is in place.

I look forward to learning of any developments.
Regards,

Hi @femiO - The short answer is that there isn’t anything on the roadmap to add this anytime soon. There is a bit more context in this comment here:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.