Updated Virtualbox, now Site Admin Button is not Working

I updated virtual box and then could not access site. I updated Local, shut down Virtual Box, turned on the sites again, tried all the ideas in the community.

Any other ideas?

Hey @Waterguy, this is indeed odd behavior and I apologize for the glitch. Would you try a couple of things for me to help us get to the bottom of this?

1. Would you check to see if you can access the Advanced Concepts local site domain by typing it into your browser?
  2. If that works, will you then see if you can access its admin page: advanced-concepts.local/wp-admin?

Thanks!

@flycrumb thanks for trying to help. But that didn’t work.

I tried to place the domain in chrome. http://advanced-concepts.local : Site Not Found
I started Local and tried the domain again: Site Not Found
In Local I clicked on the site (buttons are still grayed out), tried accessing the domain via chrome: Not Found
Noticed the Local link in the top right and clicked “Start Site” (Buttons still Grey) a box poped up in the top right “view site” and clicked That worked!
Entered http://advanced-concepts.local/ in new tab. That worked.
Viewed Admin Login Page, it remembered by credentials, but they did not work. Tried all my other PWs. Can’t get in. :frowning:
Tried the forgot password link, but it never sent one. Checked spam and clutter, etc. Nothing.
So I access the advanced-concepts virtual site but that’s it.

Tried the other 2 sites same way both and got a " Error establishing a database connection" page.

@Waterguy, thanks for the additional details! It sounds like there are a few things going on and I’d like to walk through each one of them.

In Local I clicked on the site (buttons are still grayed out).

Would you try clicking those grayed out buttons after starting the site up? I wonder if its an issue where they look disabled but aren’t. If this is the case, they should work just fine but we’ll have to look into making some changes to fix the way they appear.

Viewed Admin Login Page, it remembered by credentials, but they did not work. Tried all my other PWs. Can’t get in. :frowning:

Here’s a step-by-step process on how to reset your admin password: How can I reset a Local site’s WordPress admin password?

Tried the other 2 sites same way both and got a " Error establishing a database connection" page.

I’m wondering if, after starting those sites, it’s taking a little longer than expected for those sites to finish starting. Would you try starting them back up, waiting about a minute and then trying again? Hopefully, it’s just a matter of them not being ready.

Thanks, and let me know how it goes :slightly_smiling_face: