ValueError Thrown

Issue Summary

When I try to open Customise I get an eror message

“ValueError Thrown”
Unknown format specifier “p”

the url its trying to access is : mysitecom.local/wp-admin/customize.php?return=%2Fwp-admin%2F

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular? Just one

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser? yes

Replication

Describe the steps that others can take to replicate this issue. If you have screenshots that can help clarify what is happening, please include them!

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used?

6.6.0+6231

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?
    • For example: macOS Catalina or Windows 10 Professional

Windows 10 Professional

Security Reminder

Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hi @paulpod have you tested this using a different theme?

If you create a new, blank WordPress install do you get the same error?

Could you provide your Local Log for us if you’re still having trouble? For us to be able to troubleshoot thoroughly, please click the Download Local Logs button from the Support tab in Local. This will generate a zip archive that contains the Local log along with some other diagnostic information to help quickly zero in on any issues that Local is encountering.

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your suggestions. At first I didn’t suspect a Theme problem because it had been working OK with the active them for a week or two. However, when I changed theme the problem disappeared.
While it was working fine I did an Export then I shut everyting down and left it for a few hours. When I relaunched the site this evening and changed back to my original theme the problem cleared itself - don’t ask me how? but its all OK now.

I’ve only been using Local for a short time and I’m really impressed by the speed. I’ve been running my sites with staging from my NAS to my hosting company. By comparison Local is super fast and the export/import works just fine.

I’m not sure how to mark this thread as closed but thanks once again for your help.

Regards
Paul

1 Like

Hi @paulpod glad to hear you got things stitched up and that Local has been working well for you! Thanks for reaching out and happy developing :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.